Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let the checklist begin....

Monday, March 28 2011
Let the checklist begin
All this weekend , in between soccer games, birthday parties, church and small group, we did some research about the place we will call home for the next few years. It looks pretty neat and I am getting excited.
We received emails from our sponsor who is actually the Command Chief and his wife. We also got an introduction to Wayne’s executive aide. She sent us pics of the house we will be living in on base. I had a bit of culture shock when I saw the pics, but now that I have seen the house with her things inside, I feel a lot better. I will have  to leave behind most of our furniture and put it in storage. There is a weight limit. That’s okay, it will just make more space for all the German furniture we may have to purchase. *smile*
I have to tell a funny. In the list of things to bring. We were told to bring a nice sturdy snow shovel. Okay…we are in Texas and it is almost summer. That might be a hard item to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment